TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR ARTIC CAT BLINDS INSTALLATION
These terms and conditions (Terms) apply to all goods and services you order from us.
The goods we sell are generally bespoke products made to your order. To enable us to proceed with your order before the end of any cancellation rights you may have (depending on how you order) we will sometimes ask you to confirm that you are happy to be responsible for costs we incur in producing your items up to the date you may cancel it. We do this as the items we make or source for you are Unlikely to be re-saleable to others. We use the following defined terms throughout the terms:
- Contract means a binding contract for the supply of Goods and/or Installation formed in accordance to section A below.
- Goods mean the blinds, curtains, shutters or other window furnishings or products manufactured and/or supplied by us, which are the subject of your Order.
- Installation means the fitting of the goods by us.
- Order means an order by you for the supply of the goods and/ or installation by us on an order.
- Price means the price of the Goods and/or installation and any applicable delivery or packaging charges.
- Regulations mean the General Product Safety Regulations 2005.
- Sales Literature means all brochures, drawings, descriptive matter, speculations used by us to advertise and promote the Goods
- You mean the person ordering Goods and/or Installation from us.
- We/US/Our means Arctic Cat Blinds company.
A. Our Contract with You
You can enter a contract with us in the following ways;
- Through our website, catalogue, over the phone or otherwise at a distance: The Contract will be formed when we send you a confirmation of Contract email or when we dispatch the Goods, whichever is sooner.
- A visit from our salespeople at your home, office or other location: The Contract will be formed when we send you a confirmation of Contract email.
- Placing an order whilst visiting our trade premises: the contract will be formed when we send you a confirmation of contract email.
- If you wish to cancel a contract, kindly refer to section C of this documentation to ascertain if cancellation is permitted and or how to go about cancellation.
- If we wish to cancel the Contract we can so in accordance with section D.
- We always try to deal with the Contract as quickly and efficiently as possible, but sometimes we will be unable to do so. Any times stated by us are therefore estimates only.
B. Price and Payment
- The Price will include all taxes applicable from time to time, but please note that we may have had to make certain assumptions when pricing the Installation – please note in section E i.
- Our Order Form/Quotation will give details of the payment terms for your Order. We will debit 80% of the accepted quoted price from your debit card if you have supplied us with your card details or a bank transfer from you to that effect. Payments by cheque are not deemed to have been made until the cheque has been cleared.
- Our order/quotation will be proceeded in USD. An equivalent Naira invoice will be sent to you based on the exchange rate at date of payment.
- All Goods remain the property of Arctic Cat until paid for in full.
- Quotation done in naira is valid for 5 days unless a down payment of 90% is made to seal the contract at that day’s exchange rate.
C. Cancelling a Contract
Your rights to cancel a contract vary according to how you order from us and what type of goods you order.
- Subject to clause Cii as the Goods we will be supplying to you are made-to-measure Goods and are made to your requirements, you will not be able to cancel your Order once made (but this will not affect your legal rights as a consumer in relation to any Goods that are faulty or not as described).
- If you ordered during a visit from one of our sales personnel to your home or place of work, your rights to cancel can be done on or before 2 days after the order was placed.
- If you are entitled to cancel the contract, and wish to do so, you will be responsible to pay the reasonable fees and costs we have incurred already fulfilling our part of the contract including loss of profit to date the overall cost of the order.
- If you have received the Goods before you cancel the Contract, please contact us as soon as possible for guidance on how to pack your Goods and arrange for them to be returned to us. Thus, clause is extremely important and your attention is specifically drawn to the same. If the Contract includes Installation, you may not cancel or terminate the Contract if, for any reason, you should decide that you will not allow us to Install any safety device that accompanies the Goods which means that, as a result, we cannot Install the Goods at all (as detailed in clause Eiv below). In such circumstances, you will still be liable to pay us the full Price due under the Contract (but this will not affect your legal rights as a consumer in relation to any goods that are faulty or not as described).
D. Cancellation by Us
- We reserve the right to cancel the contract or decline your order if we have insufficient stock of the fabric or product required to manufacture and/or supply the goods you have ordered or any of the goods in your order was listed at an incorrect price due to negligence or typographical error or an error in the pricing information made by us and or received by us from our suppliers.
- Since the goods are made to measure, we strongly recommend our team goes to take the exact measurement to avoid mistake.
- Before cancelling your Order, we will do our best to source and offer you suitable alternative goods of a similar style and quality, but you are not obliged to accept them.
- If we do cancel your Order we will notify you as soon as possible and will credit to you any payment already made to us relating to your Order. Although we appreciate that you may be disappointed in such circumstances we will not be able to offer you any compensation for disappointment you may suffer.
- If your order includes installation, we must make certain assumptions when we quote you a price. These are that:a. Access to immediately outside your property is unobstructed to a small van with free parking;
b. the area around where the Goods are to fitted is unobstructed and of standard construction with no cables or pipes under the surface in the relevant area;
c. the walls or wood into which we need to attach hanging apparatus are in a condition that allows us to easily obtain good fixings for the tracks, poles and battens;
d. you have removed all ornaments, appliances and other objects in the immediate working area; and
e. none of the areas or items into which we are installing the goods have any warranties or guarantees that will be invalidated by the installation.
f. That access will be available at the time and date agreed or at least 48 hours’ notice given of any changes and
g. Payment is available at the time and date agreed; and
h. No changes are to be made to the window, recess or surrounding area unless we are notified prior to the order being placed.
- If these assumptions are not met in your circumstances or if you have reason to doubt that they are, (for example if you live in a very old property, there are hidden pipes conduits or cables or if you have parking or access problems), you must let us know at the point of Order. If you do not we may need to make an additional charge if additional time, costs or materials are required to complete the Installation for you because of these assumptions not being met which will be added to the Price, and any warranties you may have on third party products may be invalidated.
- For the avoidance of doubt, we will not be responsible for carrying out any building work, for moving any furniture to clear access to the immediate working area, or for the invalidation of any warranties you did not tell us about in writing.
- We must comply with the regulations. The regulations have been introduced to help to prevent accidental death by way of strangulation to young children caused by them becoming entangled in blind cords. We take our obligations under the Regulations extremely seriously. These provide that safety devices supplied with Goods must be fitted by us at the time of Installation otherwise we may be negligent and perhaps be in breach of the Regulations. Therefore, if the Goods contain any safety device, we will fit this device and ensure that we have complied with the Regulations. Should you instruct us that you do not wish to have such a safety device fitted, then we will refuse to Install the Goods. In such an instance, you will be liable to pay us the Price under the Contract.F. You agree that you will not treat our refusal to Install the Goods for the reasons set out in clause E iv above as a fundamental or any breach of the Contract and that you will still be bound under the Contract to take delivery of the Goods.G. For the avoidance of doubt, we consider clauses Eiii and Eiv to be reasonable in all the circumstances given our obligations under the Regulations. This will not affect your legal rights as a consumer in relation to any Goods that are faulty or not as described.
H. Product Description
- The product information and photographs contained in our Sales Literature are provided for illustrative purposes only and we cannot warrant that they are accurate.
- Whilst every effort is made by us to ensure that Goods sold and delivered to you or installed in your home match any sample or description we may have shown or given or sent to you, minor or immaterial variation or change in colour or pattern between the sample or description and the Goods delivered shall not entitle you to reject the Goods nor to claim any compensation for such variation or change. Also, some products require specific changes to their specification due to the variation in the size required to ensure they maintain structural integrity or specification.
- For Sites NOT based in Lagos, we will make use of building plans and AutoCAD drawings of building to evaluate a quotation. Once payment has been made our team will go out to confirm exact measurement
- If you are providing us with your own measurements please ensure that they are correct and accurate. Unfortunately, we cannot accept the return of made to measure Goods if the reason for the return is because you provided us with incorrect measurements.
- If you are providing us with allowances to make for uncompleted works please ensure they are correct and accurate as appropriate adjustments will be made and the size of the Goods adjusted accordingly. Unfortunately, we cannot accept the return of made-to- measure goods if the reason for the return is because you provided us with incorrect allowances.
J. Delivering your Goods
- We aim to deliver your Goods to the address you have provided on the Order Form for delivery within 2 weeks of the date of your Order unless we confirm a later date to you.
- Any delivery date given for the delivery of Goods or performance of the Installation is an estimate only. Whilst we will make every effort to deliver on this date we must stress that it is an estimate and may be subject to change.
- Ownership of, and risk of the Goods will pass to you once they have been delivered to you and paid for in full. If you return the Goods, ownership of, and risk in the Goods returned will pass to us on receipt of the Goods by us.
- If more than one item is ordered we may deliver the Goods in instalments.
- We warrant that all shading treatment material sold to you will be free from material defects for a period of 24 months from delivery of the Goods to you unless:
a. we have specifically notified you in writing of a decreased warrantee period for a product; or
b. the Goods are to be installed on Commercial or Public premises where the period is 12 months; or
c. the Goods are to be installed on premises that are to be Rented, Let or Hired where the period is 12 months.
- We guarantee that when you choose our stunning somfy or roxel motors for your motorisation, to the standard 24months warranty on our motors, our 5 years’ peace of mind guarantee from the day of installation up to the 5th anniversary of your installation date. For a nominal call out fee, we promise to repair or replace any faulty motors completely free of charge. This is our assurance that our product will stand the test of time.
- The warranty given in clause K i and guarantee in clause K ii above does not apply to any defect in the goods arising from fair wear and tear, wilful damage, abnormal storage, negligence by you or any third party, failure to use the Goods in accordance with the instructions, any unauthorized alterations or repairs or any specification provided by you.
- If the Goods are defective on delivery or a defect arises within the following 24 months, please contact us to provide us with details of the defects and we will discuss with you how the Goods should be returned to us. If clause K iii does not apply and if it appears to us that the Goods are defective we will promptly arrange: -a. for the defective Goods to be collected from you to repair the Goods and return the repaired Goods to you, free of charge; or
b. to collect the defective Goods from you and simultaneously deliver replacement Goods of similar quality and specification, free of charge; or
c. If the Goods are not defective, or have been modified, misused or the subject of negligence, you will be responsible for the payment of our charges on a time and materials basis in respect of any repairs and collection and return of the Goods, which we agree to carry out at your request.
- All Installations are guaranteed for a period of 24 months except:
a. The exceptional 5 years guarantee on motors for motorisation if clause K iii isn’t broken.
b. the fittings you require or request do not support the weight of the Goods; or
c. someone who is not one of our staff or explicitly accredited has removed or refitted the Goods.
d. we have specifically notified you in writing of a decreased warranty period for a product; or
e. the Goods are to be installed on Commercial or Public premises where the period is 12 months; or
f. the Goods are to be installed on premises that are to be Rented, Let or Hired where the period is 12 months.
- Before commencing Installations, we use our knowledge of good building practice to decide if we should fit into an area. It is up to you to tell us if you know of any cables or pipes hidden in the wall, and we will not be held responsible for striking such fittings.
- We shall not be liable to you nor be deemed to be in breach of contract by reason of any delay in performing, or any failure to perform, any of our obligations in relation to the Contract, or for any damage or defect to Goods delivered that is caused by any event or circumstance beyond our reasonable control including, without limitation, third party default, strikes, lock-outs and other industrial disputes, breakdown of systems or network access, flood, fire, explosion, accident, breakdown of manufacturing or other equipment or unavailability of raw materials.
In these Terms, we do not seek in any way to limit your statutory rights, nor to limit our liability for any death or personal injury resulting from negligence on our part.
9. The warranty given in clause K iii above does not apply to any of the child safety components that are designed to fail under abnormal usage for the protection of the user.
10. The warranty is not transferable to any persons on sale of you home.
L. General Terms
- If any part of these Terms is unenforceable (including any provision in which we exclude our liability to you) the enforceability of any other part of these conditions will not be affected.
- Sometimes things do not go as planned and we will endeavor to resolve any issues that are a result of either our actions or our suppliers as promptly as possible. Although we appreciate that you may be disappointed in such circumstances we will not be able to offer you any compensation for disappointment you may suffer or your time.
- Failure or delay by us in enforcing or partially enforcing any provision of the contract shall not be construed as a waiver of any of its rights under the contract.
- We will only use any information you give us in relation to your Order for the purposes of processing your Order, providing the Goods and/or Installation for you and to inform you of similar products or services that we provide. Please let us know if you would rather not receive such marketing correspondence. If you are ordering from us online details of our treatment of your personal data will be detailed there, and you will be given the option to opt in or out accordingly.
- This contract is subject to Nigerian law and the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the Nigerian courts.